Master's students who enrolled in September 2021 attend a seminar on their research proposals. Dr. Eng. Osano chaired the session. Mr. Muthomi assisted in guidance with the presentations.
Some of the presentations were:
- The Analysis of Public-Private partnerships in transportation projects and social impact assessment
- Evaluation of the Service Quality of the Mombasa-Nairobi SGR Passenger Train Service
- Pavement Evaluation Along Steep-To-Rolling Sections of The Highway A104 (Nakuru-Eldoret)
- Comparison of the suitability of french drains and geotextile materials in subsoil drainage.
- Evaluation of flexible pavement along Kenyatta Road- Gatundu Road
- Effectiveness of the Nairobi Inland Container Depot in Streamlined and Smooth Freight Movement
- Characterization of Cement Improved GCS for Road Pavement Construction.
- Assessment of the Impact of Salinity on the Strength of Cement-Stabilized gravels
- Guidelines for Construction and Evaluation of Flexible pavement with Hand-packed stone Base.
- Effects of Interlayer Systems in controlling cracking in HMA pavement.
- The Nairobi Public Transport operations; a case study of the performance of Green Park terminus.
The students were also guided on the resources on the website: https://civil.uonbi.ac.ke/thesis-submission.