WELCOME TO THE UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI ONLINE APPLICATION PORTAL
Congratulations on taking the first step towards achieving your educational goals.
How to apply: step by step
Applications for admission to study at the University as self sponsored students are online.
The online application system has a list of all the courses on offer at the University, open Intakes, application deadlines, reporting dates and program requirements.
All first time applicants are encouraged to explore the list of available academic programmes and the set requirements to ensure that they qualify to apply for their programme of choice.
Application procedure (undergraduate and postgraduate)
Follow these step by step guidelines to apply for a course: Application Manual
General application information:
- Prospective students are required to complete their application. The University of Nairobi does not make use of representatives, agents or agencies during the application process.
- All applicants are required to provide all the required information: current email address, an active phone number and Postal Address and certified scanned copies of Certificates, transcripts and a current passport photo.
- The application deadlines are indicated on the online application system, the closing dates cannot be extended.
- Payment of application Fees: Applicants will pay a non-refundable application fee of Kshs.3,000 (undergradaute and masters level) and Kshs. 4,000 for PhD level. International pay USD 50. Upon payment, you will receive a confirmation of the payment on your email address and phone number.
- Applicants can track the status of the application online through the system. Alerts will be sent to via email address and phone number.
Modes of payment
- Electronic transfer/direct cash deposit at any ABSA bank branch countrywide
Bank: ABSA bank
Account name: UON Application Account
Account Number: 2032771362
Bank branch: ABSA PLAZA
Bank: Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB)branch
Account Name: University of Nairobi
Account number: 11774757075
*Quote the application reference number as sent to your mobile phone
- Application Fee Payment Via M-Pesa
Pay the required amount through your mobile phone by M-pesa following the instructions below:
1. Go to M-PESA on your phone.
2. Select Lipa na M-PESA option
3. Select Pay Bill option.
4. Enter Business no.
5. Enter your Reference number as sent to your mobilephone
6. Enter the Amount you intend to pay.
7. Enter your M-PESA PIN and Send
N/B. Only make the payment if you have been allocated an application reference number sent to your phone or email
Kenyan students in higher education institutions are eligible for education loans by the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
HELB enhances equity in higher education by awarding loans and bursaries to needy Kenyan students. HELB awards loans to students in institutions of higher learning to fund their education i.e. those students’ joining University as Government or Self Sponsored. The loan attracts interest of 4% p.a and the students are required to repay their loans on completion of their studies. Applying for a HELB loan can allow you to afford your studies while enjoying low interest.
These loans are not automatic and have to be applied for through the student portal.
Click here to view HELB products
For any assistance and clarification please contact any of the following:
Tel: 020-4910000 or 020 4913027 or 020-4913199
Tel: +254 20 491 3129/3131/8028